As freelancers, getting gigs from platforms such as PeoplePerHour is how we earn money
That’s just a given, right?
But are you just sat at your computer spending hours looking at your laptop screen? I know, I was doing just the same thing at the start.
Spending hours scrolling through all of the best match gigs that we can do
We get overly excited when we find THE ONE
The one gig that we can do and is our expertise
There are already loads of applicants for the gig
It’s probably not worth bothering with as someone who is better at the job has already applied
Change this mindset immediately
Meditate, do yoga. Whatever it is you do to refresh your mindset back to a winner. When you have that winning mindset back, you need to do is this.
- Position yourself as an authority
- In the application, tell the client the results you can give and the results you have given to previous clients
- Tell the client your turnaround time
- Tell the client that you are open to discuss further with them via the platforms messaging system or a video call
- Write the application with the client first. Don’t write about yourself, write about them. That is what clients are interested in, themselves.
If you are looking for other freelance job boards right now. Here are the best of the best freelance job boards. Click here to learn more and get started earning some extra dosh.
In a nutshell
You need to tell the client the result you can give them and in what time frame. Then position yourself as the clear expert in your niche, give them proof of this and they will be tripping over themselves to hire you. Hiring you without giving anyone else a moments thought.
If you are wanting to get out of the freelance job boards rut then you need a strategy to go out and get clients elsewhere. What you need to do is design your freelance business.
Download this free PDF to help you get started on your way.